Senior Rendering Engineer
Iron Galaxy Studios is a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other indie developer. Rendering engineers at Iron Galaxy have contributed in many ways to this diverse portfolio of high-profile projects. This has included leading the development on new rendering features on Microsoft’s Killer Instinct, optimizing ambitious ports to the Nintendo Switch with Diablo 3 and Skyrim, tackling the challenges of virtual reality with Skyrim VR, and collaborating with our team of talented artists to develop great looking content across all our internal projects.
The Senior Rendering Engineer will help develop cutting edge graphics features, techniques, and effects on both internal and external projects. The Senior Rendering Engineer must be highly adaptable as they will work closely with multiple partners to develop games in many genres, using a variety of game engines. Working at Iron Galaxy provides exposure to a variety of graphics technologies that few studios can match.
This opportunity is for a full-time position in either Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Develop cutting edge rendering features and special effects to support the needs of our internal projects and external clients
- Support our art and design departments with the best technology available to help them realize their visions
- Analyze performance and implement optimizations at both a high and low level.
- Work with our multi-disciplinary development team to help set the direction of rendering technology at Iron Galaxy
What We’re Looking For
- Has 3+ years of graphics programming experience or equivalent
- Highly comfortable navigating and modifying very large C++ game engines
- Stays up to date with developing trends and novel techniques in real-time rendering
- Understands modern hardware rendering pipelines
- Has reasonable math skills, as required to reason about modern 3D graphics techniques
- Is able to adapt to multiple rendering engines and graphics hardware
- Is a dependable teammate who is able to communicate with all development disciplines
- Deep knowledge of at least one low-level shading language and graphics API
- Proficiency using at least one high-quality graphics debugger (e.g., RenderDoc, PIX)
- Experience working on modern console hardware
- Experience with a current commercial-scale game engine
- Previous leadership experience of a team of graphics engineers